Swingler to miss Town Devon derby clash
- Credit: Archant
Connor Swingler misses the Sidmouth Town meeting with Crediton United at Manstone Lane on Saturday (April 1).
The former Ottery St Mary playmaker is the only ‘regular’ from the Town first team squad to be unavailable to Vikings’ boss Josh Stunell.
The Vikings chief remembers all too painfully the first meeting between thesides this season, a visit to Crediton in September saw Town beaten 6-0.
However, Stunell recalls that there were circumstances that went against him that night.
He said: “We were still bedding players in and not enjoying the best of spells and they [Crediton United] are able to call on the services of additional quality when they play midweek floodlit games.
You may also want to watch:
“That all made life very difficult for us that night, but I have no doubt that Crediton will find us a very different proposition this time round.”
One thing Stunell is looking forward to unleashing is his new-look two-man strike force of Cameron Vere and Ashley Small.
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 9 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
Stunell says: “This strike pairing excites me. They can be a real handful together and I am looking forward to watching them play together on the Manstone Lane surface.”
Kick-off at Manstone Lane on Saturday is 3pm.