Swingler to miss Town Devon derby clash
- Credit: Archant
Connor Swingler misses the Sidmouth Town meeting with Crediton United at Manstone Lane on Saturday (April 1).
The former Ottery St Mary playmaker is the only ‘regular’ from the Town first team squad to be unavailable to Vikings’ boss Josh Stunell.
The Vikings chief remembers all too painfully the first meeting between thesides this season, a visit to Crediton in September saw Town beaten 6-0.
However, Stunell recalls that there were circumstances that went against him that night.
He said: “We were still bedding players in and not enjoying the best of spells and they [Crediton United] are able to call on the services of additional quality when they play midweek floodlit games.
You may also want to watch:
“That all made life very difficult for us that night, but I have no doubt that Crediton will find us a very different proposition this time round.”
One thing Stunell is looking forward to unleashing is his new-look two-man strike force of Cameron Vere and Ashley Small.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 4 Peninsula League season could be over
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 8 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
Stunell says: “This strike pairing excites me. They can be a real handful together and I am looking forward to watching them play together on the Manstone Lane surface.”
Kick-off at Manstone Lane on Saturday is 3pm.