Tallent and Cook into Pairs final against Madeira pair.
SIDMOUTH bowlers have been in action recently in county matches.
In the 2nd Round of the Grater Pairs there was success for John Mason with Norman Brimson and also for Ray Tallent together with Ron Cook with both pairs booking semi-final places.
There they came up against Madeira pairs at which stage Mason and Brimson went out but there was further success for Tallent who, with Ivan Robins (deputising for the injured Ron Cook) booked a final place where they will meet Madeira duo of Terry Reardon and Bill Davis in a match that will be played in the first week of July.
Meanwhile, Sidmouth lost their first round Foxlands double rink match against Phear Park by seven shots.
Both the first and second rounds of the County Trophy were cancelled, Madeira having requested a revised date due to a log jam in fixtures and Chardstock having withdrawn from the competition. The first match will have been played this week against Seaton.
You may also want to watch:
In the Top Club, Sidmouth got off to a great start with a hard fought win over Budleigh Salterton winning three rinks, one drawn and one lost. Ray Tallent inspired the team with a 21-13 win in the 4-wood singles, followed by a 19-16 win in the triples skipped by Norman Brimson ably supported by Dutch Holland and Bert Hague. Ken Bridgman and Mike Borst played the pairs leading all the way to a 19-18 win in spite of a wobble on the 19th dropping a 5 and two singles on the next two ends!
Playing the extra end for a result, Borst trailed the jack for a single shot win – well done to all the Sidmouth players.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival