Tallon triumph in the Kingswood and Devoran medal at Sidmouth
The Kingswood and Devoran Hotel medal, the final medal meeting of the season was played out in the wind and rain writes Chris Roberts.
With play being suspended due to heavy rain in the morning and the wind blowing hard in the afternoon steady scoring was going to be needed to secure the final medals of the year.
In Division One it was the plumber Paddy Tallon who kept the ball under control and posted a net 67 and lowest gross Paddy’s round included 10 pars a perfect example that steady play wins the day.
Second place went to station chief Steve Crabb who also tied the lowest gross score which gave him net 68 the chief’s round included two birdies with a chip in on the seventh.
Third spot was awarded via countback between Steve Vinnie Milton and Dave Burgess both with a net 69’s and it was Vinnie who got the verdict by virtue of four pars and a birdie against Dave’s three pars and a birdie.
You may also want to watch:
Division Two went to Mr Golf himself, Craig Melluish, but only on countback over nick-nick Jim Anderton after both carded net 70’s. Jim did record the lowest gross score of the division. In third spot was Nick Bater, one shot back with a net 71.
In Division Three it was the usual suspects to the fore! Guy Davis with a net 67 too the honours whilst in second spot was Sean Murphy again with a net 71, and I think I am right in saying his name has appeared in the winners circle in the majority of this seasons medals.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
The final spot this season went to Vernon Ruffle with a net 75. The lowest gross of the division was by the winner Guy Davies.