Taster sessions and RYA courses at Sidmouth Sailing Club
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Sailing Club is all set for a new season.
The club will, alongside the already well established RYA courses, will be continuing with what last year proved to be highly popular taster sessions, starting in April.
These sessions help provide a basic sailing experience to anyone aged 10 or over.
The taster sessions will give adults and children alike the chance to sail with an experienced helm from the beach at Sidmouth with full safety boat cover and use of the club’s facilities.
The 2016 sessions are held for four weeks on Saturday mornings commencing on the April 16 and then again on April 30.
You may also want to watch:
They are also being held on June 16 and July 2.
The sessions will start at 10.30 am (11.30 on the water) and will usually finish around 12.30pm.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
Buoyancy aids can be provided if required. Details of the cost and how to book can also be found on the clubs website.
In addition, the club’s RYA sailing courses include; Adults National Sailing Scheme, Start Sailing and Basic Skills and the Youth Sailing Scheme Stages one and two.
These courses are held over two full weekends and provide enough knowledge and experience to allow you to enjoy sailing at what is a most family friendly club and develop your sailing skills.
The RYA qualifications are transferable and will allow you to sail at any club and even enjoy sailing whilst on holiday.
The club is open now for bookings for the RYA courses that will all be held on the weekend of May 28 and 29 and then again across the weekend of June 11 and 12.
Interested people are asked to book early as the courses are often over-subscribed.
For more information, including costs and course details can be found at www.sidmouthsailing.org.uk our website at www.sidmouthsailing.org.uk on the Training page or you can email Scott Tobin, the RYA Training Centre principle at email@example.com