- Credit: Archant
There is still plenty of National Hunt racing action to look forward to at Taunton this season, starting on Monday, March 25, when a generous £42,500 is on offer and the first of the seven races goes to post at 2.20pm.
The big race on the card is the Bathwick Tyres Novices’ Limited Handicap Chase over half a furlong short of three miles which has prize money worth £10,500 up for grabs and starts at 3.20pm.
Looking further ahead the Family Fun Day Easter racemeeting takes place on Thursday on April 4, starting at 2.10pm when a whopping £100k will be on offer in prizes.
Two days later, on Saturday, April 6, Taunton host their first ever Grand National Lunch, with tickets costing £20 for a two course lunch in the members’ restaurant, and includes afternoon tea, full coverage of the Grand National and supporting races and an in-house bookmaker.
Tickets for the Grand National Lunch are still available and can be purchased by calling 01823 337 172, or on-line at tauntonracecourse.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
Taunton will host their ever popular Ladies’ Day on Wednesday, April 24, when the first race on the card goes to post at 4.50pm, and the second evening meeting and final fixture of this season is on Thursday, May 2, starting at 5.20pm.
Anybody who books tickets for both evening meetings in advance on-line before April 23, can save £10 by logging onto www.tauntonracecourse.co.uk
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 9 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17