Taunton Races all set for St Patrick’s Raceday
- Credit: Archant
Taunton will be hosting their St Patrick’s Raceday next Tuesday (March 17) when the card carries a total prize fund of almost £50k, writes Richard Walsh.
First to post at 2.15pm is The UK Gun Repairs Maiden Hurdle Race over two miles and about half a furlong, which is followed half an hour later by The Farmers Arms Combe Florey Novices' Hurdle over two miles three.
The first of the two events over the jumps course follows when The Chetwood Wealth Management Novices' Handicap Steeple Chase over two miles two furlongs that has prize money of £9,800 up for grabs.
This is followed 30 minutes later by The Jackson-Stops Handicap Hurdle Race over two miles three furlongs.
The longest race of the day, over a distance of three miles two and a half furlongs follows at 4.15 pm when The S Roberts and Son Handicap Steeple Chase, which had prize money of £9,800 on offer goes to post.
You may also want to watch:
The afternoon concludes with The Milton Indoor Storage Handicap Hurdle race over two miles and about half a furlong.
In addition to the action on the course on St Patrick's Day live music will be provided by 'Banned from the Moor' a six-piece Irish Band.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 5 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 6 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 7 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
Up to 40 per cent discount is available to racegoers who purchase their tickets on-line before 12 noon on the day before racing by logging onto www.tauntonracecourse.co.uk