Taunton races set for festive specials
- Credit: Archant
There will be a feast of Christmas cheer both on and off the course when Taunton host their Festive Fixture on Thursday December 12, with the first of the seven races on the card going to post at 12.40pm.
If the first two meetings at the Orchard Portman course are anything to go by local punters are in for another action packed afternoon of racing action.
Six of the races are being sponsored by Higos Insurance Services who are making their debut with the feature race on the card being the Higos Insurance Services Novices’ Limited Handicap Steeple Chase, a Class 3 event with £10,000 up for grabs and due off at 1.40pm.
Taunton are delighted to welcome back the Stables Business Park, at Rooksbridge who are sponsoring the Stables Business Park Clients Day Out Handicap Steeple Chase at 3.10pm.
As well as the racing action there will be plenty of festive cheer on offer, led by the King’s College Choir who will be singing Christmas Carols throughout the afternoon, as well as mulled wine and mince pies and a number of trade stands being available on site.
You may also want to watch:
A courtesy bus will depart the railway station at 11.40am and call at Castle Green en route returning 30 minutes after the start of the last race.
Race goers are reminded that they can obtain up to 20 per cent discount if they purchase their tickets in advance on-line at www.tauntonracecourse.co.uk
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 4 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout