Taylor and Saunders through to semi finals
Ottery BC on the map for touring teams
The latest touring team to visit Ottery was Ad Finem, an association of clubs from North West London, for a six rink fixture.
Ottery won on two rinks, but the visitors went away the winners 126-116 Scores: K Pollitt, J Bebb, G Kille, S Spencer (skip) 17-29; M Perry, M Shiel, G Beighton, N Lawrence (skip) 9-18; G Temple, M Beighton, G Beck, T House (skip) 21-22; V Kille, A Howells, M Spencer, D Dalton (skip) 28-13; R Newman, P Bebb, D Brown, M Hunt (skip) 20-26; P Gray, D Rastall, S Kenny, D Hunt (skip) 21-18.
The next match was away at Dunkeswell to play on their new carpet. It was a very hot afternoon and Ottery had to adapt to playing on a carpet green which is very different to grass. The match was four rinks of Triples. Dunkeswell won 82-60: V Daniels, P Gray, P Bebb (skip) 13-18; K Pollitt, A Howells, T House (skip) 15-16; J Bebb, W Gray, S Snelling (skip) 15-21; D O’Keeffe, D Howells, D Dalton (skip) 7--27.
In the Devon County Section three men’s singles, Terry House played well and won through to the final where he played J Hadfield of Madeira at Sidmouth.
You may also want to watch:
He lost 13-21 to J Hadfield.
In the Men’s Unbadged pairs, Bill Taylor and Eric Saunders are through to the semi-finals after beating M Langford and P Harvey of Madeira in a very close contest.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon
The match was decided after an extra end gave Ottery the win.
In the mixed pairs, Sharon Kenny and Eric Saunders won their quarter final match against J and K Roberts of Madeira, in another very close game, the Ottery pair winning 18-17.
In the Unbadged Triples Mike Smith, Bill Taylor and Eric Saunders are through to the semi-final after beating a Triples team from Madeira