Temple wins Ottery ‘Spider’
After another week of mixed weather the sun came out on Sunday for President’s Day, writes Peter Bebb.
the club president Mollie Parker started the afternoon's proceedings with a 'Spider' which was won by Graham Temple. This was followed by the main event of the day a round robin match on six rinks. After the match an excellent meal had been prepared .
The president thanked Ann Channon, Ann House and their team of helpers for their hard work which added to the day’s great success.
Prizes were presented to winners of the round robin Gail Hawke, Moyra Griffin, Sharon Kenny and Eric Saunders.
In other matches the men’s Over-60s A team, playing at home to Axminster, won on both rinks 65-10: T House, E Saunders, H Channon 35-4; J Ward, P Richards, W Taylor 30-6.
You may also want to watch:
In the men’s B team match against Bradninch A, Ottery won on one rink, lost on the other but won overall 39-32: T Luff, C Martin, M Smith 22-13; D Dalton, G Kille, J Candy 17-19. The ladies also had two good wins in the Over-50s League against St Thomas's winning on both rinks 43-29: B Lee, J Bebb, M Hunt 23-16; S Rowe, A Howells, F Hunt 20-13. In another match against Budleigh they won on one rink, but lost on the other, winning overall 29-25: B Lee, J Bebb, M Hunt 29-11; V Kille, A Howells, M Phillips 10-14.
In a friendly match against Exonia, Ottery had good wins on two rinks, winning the match 103-81.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98