Tett free-kick secures point for Newton Poppleford
- Credit: Archant
Newton Poppleford shared six goals with hosts Topsham Town Reserves in a Fresha League Two encounter.
For the third outing in succession the Popples shipped a goal inside five minutes - this time the problem being sloppy defending at a corner!
The closest they came to an equaliser before the break was through Adrian Parr who was denied a couple of time by splendid saves from the Tops glovesman.
After the break Popples took control, but, against the run of play, fell further behind to a shot-cum-cross.
The response was immediate – and clinical – with Matt Rasmussen netting after a move launched straight from the restart!
You may also want to watch:
The home two-goal lead was restored via a well-struck free-kick. However, Neil Wood’s Popples have plenty of character in the dressing room this season and it came to the fore once again as they mounted a slick recovery.
Once again a swift response to conceding saw a long kick forward by centre back Matt Tett was flicked on by Stephen Craft for Parr to ghost onto and fire home.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
The equaliser was also route-one with Wood’s long up field kick handled on the edge of the area and Man of the Match Tett curled the free-kick into the top corner. This weekend (October 3) the Popples host Axmouth United in the Bill Slee Cup (2.30pm).