Tett just fousome as Popples Reserves hit six against Ammies thirds
- Credit: Archant
Newton Poppleford hit six of the best as they put Exmouth Amateurs thirds to the sword.
First team skipper Matt Tett was the only player from the Popples senior side to play in the second team and he will have been delighted with the all-round general play,
It was Tett who made his mark in the opening stages scoring two quick goals. Indeed, the club skipper ought to have bagged a 15-minute hat-trick, but he somehow put a header wide! Liam Morrish made it 3-0 after 20 minutes and that’s how the score stayed through to the break.
In the second half there was plenty of craft – and guile – in the Popples midfield and it was not long before Matthew Rasmussen came off the bench to make it 4-0. Scorer then turned provider with the assist for Tett to complete his treble.
Five became six with Tett on the end of a slick passing move and the final score of 6-0 was no more than the Popples deserved for a superb all-round dominant performance.
You may also want to watch:
Team boss Leigh Adey said: “Spirits are very high at the moment and the key for us is now that we are second, to stay there and make Upottery Reserves (who currently sit top) fight every inch of the ay to the Fresha League Division Nine title.”
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival