Tett nets late consolation as Newton Poppleford are dumped out of Cup
- Credit: Archant
Newton Poppleford 2, South Zeal 6 Newton Poppleford bowed out of the Devon Senior Cup and continue to seek their first win of the season after conceding five second half goals.
Stand-in manager Neil Blake saw the Popples start brightly and they opened the scoring with a close range effort from Aston Puckey.
The lead was held, in a degree of comfort, until the last minute of the first half when the visitors levelled.
After the break three early goals put the home side on the back foot and they could not recover, going on to concede two more and their cause was not helped by the red card issued to Harrison Jones for a clumsy challenge.
Mat Tett scored a late second for the Popples.
You may also want to watch:
Blake said: “They should abolish half time breaks! That said I cannot praise the side enough, they gave their all and really battled well particularly after going a man down. If we keep working hard then our season will turn for the better.”
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 7 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat