Thanks to sponsors
Colaton Raleigh Res 3, Newtown 4ths 0
On a pleasantly warm day, in a match played with great spirit by both teams, Raleigh Reserves completed a seven day double over Newtown 4ths, writes Ken Woodsford.
All the damage was done in the first half of the game. Harrison Jones opened the scoring in the 15th minute, when he cut in from the left wing and scored with a fierce shot from 10 yards.
Mark Tett made it 2-0 after 35 minutes, and an own goal just before half time completed the scoring.
The Raleigh defence was solid throughout, with Ricki Harris, and keeper Scott Newbery impressing in particular.
You may also want to watch:
The Senior team had no league fixture and played a friendly at Topsham Town 3rds. It was an enjoyable and low key workout for both teams, with Raleigh winning 8-1. Goalscorers: Mark Pavey (2), Adrian Parr (2), Damian Armes, Riki Pitter,Tony Cox and Leigh Adey.
?Colaton Raleigh would like to say a big thank you to their sponsors, Woodleys Joinery, and, The Cannon Inn, Newton Poppleford who have been a great support throughout the season.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98