Thanks to sponsors
Colaton Raleigh Res 3, Newtown 4ths 0
On a pleasantly warm day, in a match played with great spirit by both teams, Raleigh Reserves completed a seven day double over Newtown 4ths, writes Ken Woodsford.
All the damage was done in the first half of the game. Harrison Jones opened the scoring in the 15th minute, when he cut in from the left wing and scored with a fierce shot from 10 yards.
Mark Tett made it 2-0 after 35 minutes, and an own goal just before half time completed the scoring.
The Raleigh defence was solid throughout, with Ricki Harris, and keeper Scott Newbery impressing in particular.
You may also want to watch:
The Senior team had no league fixture and played a friendly at Topsham Town 3rds. It was an enjoyable and low key workout for both teams, with Raleigh winning 8-1. Goalscorers: Mark Pavey (2), Adrian Parr (2), Damian Armes, Riki Pitter,Tony Cox and Leigh Adey.
?Colaton Raleigh would like to say a big thank you to their sponsors, Woodleys Joinery, and, The Cannon Inn, Newton Poppleford who have been a great support throughout the season.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 3 Business owners are asking 'has the Government done enough to help?'
- 4 Peninsula League season could be over
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 8 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways