The fifth round Charles Stanley Monday Stableford was won by Nick Gingell.
- Credit: Archant
Charles Stanley Monday Stableford success for Nick Gingell
Gingell had a solid start before going on a birdie blitz with four in the last ten holes. He played the back nine in one-under gross to record 40 points and is showing some fine early season form.
Second was last week’s winner, Graham Rogers. He looked like he could upset his Emerton Court Captain as he set off with two birdies in the first five holes which if maintained, could have set his handicap tumbling.
However, a couple of double bogies slowed him down but he still carded 39 points for an excellent round and doubled his money by winning the seniors competition.
Third was Nick Baker, in fine form having been part of the team who won the Famous Easterbrooks. He scored 38 points which would have been better except for consecutive double bogies on holes seven and eight. His early season form is meaning his handicap is steadily reducing.
You may also want to watch:
Gingell and John Jones are now tied in the lead in the birdie count with 11 each, over taking last week’s leader Mike Knight, who is one back on ten. Mark Thomas and Martyn White are now breathing down his neck on nine each.
In the eclectic, Mike Knight has retained his lead but now only by one shot from second placed Nick Gingell. Third is Harrison Jones with four players a further shot back.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend