The fifth Sidmouth Jewellers Friday stableford had a relatively large field, no doubt as a prelude to the Bank Holiday weekend.
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Jewellers victory for Mike Dommett
Leading the way was Mike Dommett with an excellent 40 points. A very mixed round, three birdies on the back nine so a great score was on the cards but two no score holes and a couple of double bogies messed the card up. Still, a good win and a reduction in handicap.
In second and third places, two players on the same score of 37 points, so three back from the winner.
Harrison Jones is starting to show his potential and his good back nine, including a birdie on the 13th was enough to keep him ahead of Steve Johnston on countback.
Two double bogies on the last two holes scuppered Steve’s chances.
You may also want to watch:
No significant changes in the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday Night league. David Burgess still leads, with 29 points and Kevin Legg is still second on 26 points.
Mike Knight retains third spot on 23 points, four ahead of the rest.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 6 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support