Third U23 title for Dalwood fencer
Jessica Gundry from Dalwood, near Axminster, has added a third British title to her collection.
Gundry, who is 19, won the British women’s U23 title at the championships held at the Leon Paul Centre in London.
In May last year she won the U18 Women’s epee British Youth Championship title.
Gundry followed up by winning the U20 Women’s Epee British Championship title in February 2015 before adding the U23 title..
Gundry, an ex pupil of Wellington School, is a member of Truro Fencing Club, where she trains with her coach Kenichi Yamamoto.
You may also want to watch:
She also trains weekly with fencers at Millfield School and Wellington Swords Fencing Club.
Jessica will be travelling with a squad to Cape Town, South Africa in July to represent England in the U20 Commonwealth Games.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
And Gundry’s win in London guarantees her a place at the European U23 Championships later this year.