Thomas crowned king of the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday Night League
- Credit: Archant
The 27th, and sadly, the final, round of the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday night league for 2015, was won by Graham Davies with 40 points, writes John Barnard.
Graham had a steady round with one birdie (on the ninth) and nothing worse than a bogie to finish the season well and have his handicap reduced to single figures for the first time. In second place was John Billingsley with 39 points, beating Lee Wenham on countback.
A birdie on the 18th sealed John’s second place. Lee was going well, getting three birdies in eight holes in the middle of his round but bogeying the last two holes cost him a win. It did consolidate his second place in the Friday night league though.
It’s been a great season for Mark Thomas. Challenge Cup winner for the first time, and he ran out the easy winner of the league, scoring 121 points.
In second place was Lee Wenham with 102 points and he was 14 points ahead of third placed Craig Melluish.
You may also want to watch:
Fourth was Ian Watson with 84 points. Graham Davies just took the fifth spot, his win on the final day jumped him ahead of Chris Roberts and Jonathan Lee.
Next year’s league will start on Friday, April 1, 2016, which seems an awful long way ahead!
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club