Thomas crowned king of the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday Night League
- Credit: Archant
The 27th, and sadly, the final, round of the Sidmouth Jewellers Friday night league for 2015, was won by Graham Davies with 40 points, writes John Barnard.
Graham had a steady round with one birdie (on the ninth) and nothing worse than a bogie to finish the season well and have his handicap reduced to single figures for the first time. In second place was John Billingsley with 39 points, beating Lee Wenham on countback.
A birdie on the 18th sealed John’s second place. Lee was going well, getting three birdies in eight holes in the middle of his round but bogeying the last two holes cost him a win. It did consolidate his second place in the Friday night league though.
It’s been a great season for Mark Thomas. Challenge Cup winner for the first time, and he ran out the easy winner of the league, scoring 121 points.
In second place was Lee Wenham with 102 points and he was 14 points ahead of third placed Craig Melluish.
You may also want to watch:
Fourth was Ian Watson with 84 points. Graham Davies just took the fifth spot, his win on the final day jumped him ahead of Chris Roberts and Jonathan Lee.
Next year’s league will start on Friday, April 1, 2016, which seems an awful long way ahead!
- 1 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start