Thompson and Ensall prove formidable pairing
The Ladies B team have played two matches in the last couple of weeks, both at home.
The first against Newton Abbot on 26 November was a hard-fought contest between well-matched teams.
It was a case of d�j� vu for Marlene Maynard and Kate Truman who, having taken the initial set in each rubber, then lost the second set and were frustrated to lose each of the championship tie-breaks 7-10 with the final score being 6-3, 3-6, 7-10 and 6-4, 3-6, 7-10.
Jackie Ensall and Sally Lockhart also put up a strong fight, but the Newton Abbot pair had the edge and won 1-6, 3-6 and 5-7, 3-6 with Newton Abbot eventually claiming an 8-2 success.
It was a different story a few days later when the ladies enjoyed a comfortable 8-0 win against Teign Valley.
You may also want to watch:
Pat Thomson stood in at the last minute to cover for unexpected illness and formed a formidable team with Jackie Ensall.
The pair served up a stylish performance to win 6-2 6-1 and 6-2 6-3. Meanwhile, Maynard and Truman won their first rubber 6-0, 6-1 and were one set up in the second rubber before taking their eye off the ball and finding themselves 0-3 down in the second set.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 10 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Fortunately they were able to refocus and took the second set 7-5.