Tincknell ready for Belgian leg of the Cooper Tires British F3 Series
Sidmouth’s Harry Tincknell says he is in the ‘best shape of his life’ as he heads to this weekend’s rounds of the the Cooper Tires British F3 Series, which take place at the classic Spa-Francorchamps circuit in Belgium.
The highly demanding and competitive British F3 Series requires the highest level of fitness from drivers and Tincknell is delighted with his current form. Ahead of the weekend’s action he said: “My recent fitness test last week was the best I’ve ever done so I know I’m prepared and in the best shape of my life.”
After a disappointing weekend in the last round at Paul Ricard, where he recorded his first non-finish of the season, the 19-year-old rookie is extremely optimistic of his chances for a strong result in Belgium.
“I’m looking to be back up the front - where I belong - this weekend after a disappointing time at Paul Ricard but I’ve shown I can mix it with the best of them on these European tracks.”
With four podiums, including one win, so far in his debut season, Tincknell has reason to be hopeful ahead of the three races at Spa, a circuit renowned for overtaking and wheel-to-wheel racing.
You may also want to watch:
Like many racers, Tincknell is a fan of the circuit, saying: “It’s one of, if not the best track in the world. I’m really looking forward to the challenge.”
The weekend’s action begins with qualifying and one race on Friday 29 July, while two further races take place on Saturday.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 6 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 9 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again