Tincknell’s Formula Three deal
Exciting British motor racing prospect Harry Tincknell has followed his impressive showing in last year’s competitive Formula Renault UK Championship by sealing a move to the British Formula Three International Series with front-runners Fortec Motorsports.
The 19-year old from Tipton st John, sealed a highly credible fifth-place finish in last year’s Formula Renault UK Championship, which included wins at Rockingham and Snetterton as well as podium finishes in the first four rounds of the season.
“Fortec had a good year in Formula Three taking Oli Webb, who I raced against in my first year of Formula Renault, to vie for the championship in his debut season,” said Harry of his new team. “That really helped my decision to join them.”
“Formula Three has such a great history, it’s the next step on an exciting ladder, and it’s one step closer to GP2 and Formula One,” said Harry, who is moving into a racing series that has been won by F1 legends Ayrton Senna and Emerson Fittipaldi. “It’s a Championship that people really take notice of.”
Harry is one of 10 promising young drivers selected by the UK’s motorsport governing body, the Motor Sports Association, for its elite driver development scheme, which aids young talent to progress in their aim to be future British champions. “We do a lot of training at the Porsche Performance Centre at Silverstone, as well as going on military toughness days. It was good fun, but it helped me to work on my mental strength.”
You may also want to watch:
Fortec are delighted to have secured Tincknell’s services for the upcoming season, Team Owner Richard Dutton said: “I’m delighted that Harry has signed for Fortec.
“Having watched him over the last couple of years, his progress has been outstanding and we look forward to a successful year ahead in Formula Three.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view