Tincknell’s testing weekend
Tincknell finds conditions tricky
Young Sidmouth racer Harry Tincknell had a testing weekend during rounds nine and ten of the 2010 Formula Renault UK Championship at Croft, North Yorkshire.
Qualifying saw the CRS Racing star set the eighth fastest time for race one on a damp track, while the second qualifying time was set against strong winds – tenth being the end result.
Race one, held Saturday evening, saw Harry take seventh place on the opening lap, which he didn’t lose during the remainder of the 15-lap encounter. By the end, Harry had pulled away from those behind him, but wasn’t able to score more than 16 points for seventh position.
Round 10, held Sunday afternoon, saw Harry make up two places by the end of lap two.
You may also want to watch:
The closing laps saw his eighth place come under threat from David McDonald – but Harry fended off the Fortec Motorsport driver to hold onto eighth position, and 14 Championship points.
“It’s been a tough weekend, both because of the changing weather and an issue we had with the brakes,” said Harry. “The wind has been quite a problem and I’ve been working on adapting my driving style to suit the conditions.”
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
A thirty point weekend haul leaves Harry sitting fifth in the drivers’ Championship, as the Championship heads into its six week summer break.
Rounds 11 and 12 take place at Snetterton, Norfolk on August 7/8.