Tincknell wins in Germany
Harry Tincknell experienced one of the strongest weekends of his racing career at Germany’s Norisring street circuit claiming a victory as he secured 40 championship points to confirm his position as one of the UK’s most talented young drivers.
In a weekend where the Cooper Tires British F3 International Series field joined the Formula 3 Euro Series to form a bumper grid of 28 competitors, Tincknell started by taking 15th position in a problematic qualifying session, posting a best time of 49.687.
In the first race, from his 15th-place start, the determined Tincknell called upon his overtaking skills to climb up to eighth position overall by the end of the 42 laps. Of the British F3 entrants, he finished third to secure his fourth podium of the season.
The Devonian went from strength to strength in the middle race and took his second win of the 2012 season, holding off fierce competition from fellow British F3 driver Felix Serralles for the duration of the 22-lap encounter. The final race was another positive for Tincknell. Reverting to 15th position on the grid, the Carlin Motorsport driver put on another overtaking display to secure 10th overall and fifth in class.
“To qualify 15th and then go on to win has been incredible, especially on a street circuit,” said a delighted Tincknell. “I’m really happy for all the guys at Carlin Motorsport: I’m full of confidence and things are just getting better and better. It’s been a magnificent weekend.”
You may also want to watch:
There are 12 races to go in the series.
, Tincknell now sits just 11 points behind
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 The more we work together the better it will be
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 10 Property of the Week: Ridgeway in Ottery St Mary
fourth-placed Alex Lynn in the Cooper Tires British F3 International Series. The series next visits Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium, on
27-28 July 2012.