Tipton 2nds winning streak ended
Tipton St John 2nds 2 - Otterton 2
UNBEATEN Tipton St John 2nds lost their 100per cent winning record when they drew 2-2 with a well organised Otterton side on Saturday.
The Division Eight table-toppers scored early in the first half when a long throw from George Biggs found the head of man of the match Barry Wood at the back post, writes Mike Dawe.
Tipton then dominated most of the first half but Otterton drew level after being awarded a penalty.
Tipton players re-grouped and took the lead again when Eddy Kerr delivered a brilliant corner which found Wood, who directed his header to the path of Nick Roberts, who then converted from inside the six yard box.
You may also want to watch:
Otterton came out strongly in the second half and equalised when Tipton failed to deal with a cross from the right.
Both teams battled on until the end and the points could have gone to either side.
- 1 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 7 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 8 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
Tipton saw penalty appeals turned down and Otterton went close but were kept at bay by keeper Will Cowley .
Tipton 2nds’ next game is away to Tedburn on Saturday, kick-off at 2:15pm.