Tipton go down to Yeoford despite fine knock by Birch
- Credit: Archant
Tipton St John went down by 32 runs in an evening fixture with Yeoford.
The visitors batted first and Alex Tubbs bowled an excellent three overs that saw him only go for four runs whilst he also claimed a wicket thanks to a catch by Dave Alford.
David O’Higgins also had success, his wicket courtesy of a catch by Jim Bugler.
Phil Wright then claimed a wicket, aided by another Bugler catch and David Birch picked up a deserved wicket thanks to a smart stumping by Tipton keeper Dave Dawson. The last two wickets fell in the final over bowled by Wright trapping one batsman leg before and a slick Bugler throw effected a run out to see Yeoford close on 100-6.
The reply was launched by Dave Alford and Alex Tubbs who were parted on 11 when Tubbs was caught.
You may also want to watch:
Alford was then run out for eight and, when Chris Tubbs was dismissed the score was 28-3 from ten overs.
Kevin McMeeking and Jim Bugler both managed a boundary each before being bowled and it was left to Joe Birch to take the game to the visitors as he stroked an excellent run-a-ball 23 before he was bowled. Phil Wright departed without troubling the scorers and the reply closed on 68-8.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17