Tipton looking to end run of defeats with Knights success
- Credit: Archant
Tipton St John had their Saturday game at Exmouth Amateurs washed out.
It left Tipton sitting in a bottom three berth at Christmas and facing a battle to stay in the second tier of Fresha League football.
The season did not start well for the team and it took until their ninth outing for them to celebrate a first win of the campaign, that an October 12, 3-0 triumph at troubled Newton Poppleford.
Just two more Fresha One games have been won. Those being an October 26, 3-1 win at Beacon Knights and a 5-0 November 16 home success over Cullompton Rangers since when they have lost four on the spin, conceding 20 goals in the process.
Tipton end the year on Saturday with an opportunity to complete a season’s double when they host Beacon Knights. They begin 2014 with another home game when Wellington provide the January 4 opposition.
You may also want to watch:
After that they go to Bow, host Sidbury and Newton Poppleford in back-to-back East Devon derbies and they start February with a trip to Heavitree United.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 9 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat