Tipton looking to end run of defeats with Knights success
- Credit: Archant
Tipton St John had their Saturday game at Exmouth Amateurs washed out.
It left Tipton sitting in a bottom three berth at Christmas and facing a battle to stay in the second tier of Fresha League football.
The season did not start well for the team and it took until their ninth outing for them to celebrate a first win of the campaign, that an October 12, 3-0 triumph at troubled Newton Poppleford.
Just two more Fresha One games have been won. Those being an October 26, 3-1 win at Beacon Knights and a 5-0 November 16 home success over Cullompton Rangers since when they have lost four on the spin, conceding 20 goals in the process.
Tipton end the year on Saturday with an opportunity to complete a season’s double when they host Beacon Knights. They begin 2014 with another home game when Wellington provide the January 4 opposition.
You may also want to watch:
After that they go to Bow, host Sidbury and Newton Poppleford in back-to-back East Devon derbies and they start February with a trip to Heavitree United.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 6 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 7 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 8 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 9 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 10 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett