Tipton looking to get back to winning ways
- Credit: Archant
Tipton St John will be looking to return to winning ways this weekend after their game was called off last weekend.
The village team had been due to take on Ottery St Mary at home on Saturday (October 21) before the weather intervened.
Now Tipton, in fourth place, face Budleigh Salterton Reserves, seven places below them in Devon and Exeter Division Three.
Head coach Dale Strawbridge said: “The weather through Friday into Saturday morning meant the pitch was too damp to play on. With the storm coming in it was waterlogged.”
Tipton had been looking to get back to winning ways following a 3-1 defeat to top-of-the-league Crediton United 2nds.
You may also want to watch:
Prior to that, the club had been on a three-match winning run with victories over Pinhoe, Clyst Valley 2nds and Priory.
Dale added: “The game being called off was a massive disappointment as we had a strong team but, at the same time, it gives us more time to re-group.”
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
The Tipton manager is confident that the side can return to winning ways this Saturday against Budleigh.
Dale said: “They (Budleigh) are struggling at the moment and where we are at the moment it’s a case of making sure we don’t slip up.”