Tipton looking to play first home game for 11 long weeks
- Credit: Archant
Tipton St John will try this Saturday to play their first home Macron League Division Three game for 11 weeks when they entertain Otterton.
Tipton’s last home game was back on December 12 when they defeated Tedburn St Mary 2-1.
Tipton have played once since that date - when they were 3-1 winners at Lympstone on January 13 - since when they have had five successive postponements.
They do go into the derby meeting with Otterton looking to record a fifth straight win as, since November 18, over a period of 13 weeks, they have won each of the four matches they have had.
To date this league season, Tipton have played 12 of their fixtures and will reach the halfway stage of their campaign if the game against Otterton goes ahead.
You may also want to watch:
Prior to this latest game, Tipton had 14 matches still to play, seven at home and seven away.
After this weekend’s outing, Tipton have a Bill Slee Cup quarter-final tie away at Crediton United Reserves.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
The other quarter-final ties see Ottery St Mary entertain Winchester (being played on April 2), Kentisbeare versus Uplowman (being played on March 3) and Whipton and Pinhoe versus Woodbury, the latter yet to be given a date.