Tipton looking to play first home game for 11 long weeks
- Credit: Archant
Tipton St John will try this Saturday to play their first home Macron League Division Three game for 11 weeks when they entertain Otterton.
Tipton’s last home game was back on December 12 when they defeated Tedburn St Mary 2-1.
Tipton have played once since that date - when they were 3-1 winners at Lympstone on January 13 - since when they have had five successive postponements.
They do go into the derby meeting with Otterton looking to record a fifth straight win as, since November 18, over a period of 13 weeks, they have won each of the four matches they have had.
To date this league season, Tipton have played 12 of their fixtures and will reach the halfway stage of their campaign if the game against Otterton goes ahead.
You may also want to watch:
Prior to this latest game, Tipton had 14 matches still to play, seven at home and seven away.
After this weekend’s outing, Tipton have a Bill Slee Cup quarter-final tie away at Crediton United Reserves.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 6 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 7 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
The other quarter-final ties see Ottery St Mary entertain Winchester (being played on April 2), Kentisbeare versus Uplowman (being played on March 3) and Whipton and Pinhoe versus Woodbury, the latter yet to be given a date.