Tipton lose home lead and slip down the table
- Credit: Archant
Tipton St John signed off before the Macron League two-week festive break with a narrow 2-1 home defeat at the hands of Budleigh Salterton Reserves.
Tipton made a strong start and scored a fourth minute goal with Jonny Heavey the scorer.
They held the advantage through until half-time. However, the visitors made a flying start to the second half, equalising within 30 seconds of the restart!
Tipton, who had been the better side for almost the entire first half, were clearly set back by the early second half equaliser and went onto play second fiddle for much of the remainder of the game with the visitors netting a 74th minute winner.
The defeat leaves Tipton dropping below Budleigh in the table and they spend this Christmas second bottom of the Division Two table.
You may also want to watch:
They return to action on Saturday, January 7, when they entertain second placed Lapford who beat them 7-0 when the sides met in Mid Devon back in October.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 10 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey