Tipton net eight in midweek win at Budleigh
- Credit: Archant
Tipton St John took their season’s goal tally past the half-century as they scored with unanswered goals to win their Macron League Division Three midweek game at Budleigh Salterton.
The win also extends the current unbeaten run for Tipton to six games.
In what was only Tipton’s 17th game of the season - they still have a dozzen league games to play and are still involved in a cup competition - they now have scored 53 goals in those games and are averaging three goals a game!
The side is very much in the hunt for divisional honours, but what might yet go against them is a hectic end-of-season schedule.
Tipton host Clyst Valley on Saturday and that will be the first game in a 14-day spell when the side will be playing eight times!
You may also want to watch:
Next midweek, Tipton play on Monday (at home to Priory) and then have a Wednesday home game against Countess Wear Dynamos before next Saturday’s game away at Royal Oak who play on the new 3G pitch at Exwick in Exeter.
Tipton head into tomorrow’s (April 14) meeting with Clyst Valley sitting fifth, 14 points behind leaders University, who have played three games more.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
With Royal Oak, who shared six goals with Countess Wear Dynamos in a Wednesday night meeting, currently sitting in fourth position, if Tipton can win their next three that game at Royal Oak is then a real ‘six pointer’!