Tipton net first clean sheet win of the season to make cup progress
- Credit: Archant
Tipton St John were 4-0 winners when they met fellow Macron League Division Three side Clyst Valley Reserves in a Bill Slee Cup.
What made the win all the more memorable was that it came against a side that Tipton had drawn 2-2 with in a league meeting on the opening day of the season.
What’s more, it also represented a first clean sheet of the season for the side.
The goals were scored by Nick Peglar, Lee Strawbridge, Haydn Banfield and David Johnson.
It’s back to league action tomorrow (Saturday) for Tipton and a trip into Exeter to meet Pinhoe.
You may also want to watch:
The Pins sit second bottom of the early table with just one win and four defeats from five league outings so far. That single success was a 4-2 home win over Budleigh Salterton Reserves, but their only other home game saw them lose 7-0 to table-topping Crediton United – who also beat them 10-3 in Mid Devon on the opening match day of the new season. Last weekend they went down by the odd goal in five at Ottery St Mary.
After the league trip to Pinhoe, Tipton have three successive home league games with matches against Crediton United, Ottery St Mary and Budleigh Salterton.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend