Tipton out of luck in cup semi
Bow 3, Tipton St John 1
East Devon Senior Cup Semi Final
Tipton had a break from their League campaign with a semi final match in the East Devon Senior Cup away at Bow, writes Richard Williams.
They started well and opened the scoring after only three minutes when Man of the Match Lee Strawbridge flicked a header on from a throw in to Ash Small who headed home from close range.
The lead only lasted six minutes when Bow equalised direct from an inswinging corner which was assisted by a strong wind. Both teams then matched each other for the rest of the half.
You may also want to watch:
Straight from the kick off for the second half, Tipton went on the attack and forced an error from the Bow keeper, who mis-kicked a clearance which fell to Adam Connett. His first time lob looked in all the way until the spin on the ball took it millimetres wide.
Bow took the lead with a superb shot from 20 yards which rocketed into the top right corner of the goal. Tipton then continued to battle in vain and Bow went close again on 70 minutes. They killed off the game five minutes later, following a poor clearance which fell to a Bow player to hit home from close range. They also missed a late penalty. A minute later Tipton had their last chance when Neil Gooding shot from 25 yards but, unfortunately, it went straight to the keeper.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 10 Two superb centuries in Sidbury victory
Man of the Match for Tipton was the ever industrious midfielder, Lee Strawbridge who worked hard throughout trying to drive his team on.