Tipton St John 10k run draws entries from far and wide.
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Tipton 10km race is proving popular with runners from around the country and even abroad.
Organisers have received entries from Somerset, Hertfordshire, Cornwall, and as far afield as Canada.
The race, called the Otter Rail and River Run, takes place on Saturday, Juky 13. The 1.5 mile fun run goes off at 10.30am and the 10km at 11am. Entries can be taken on the day from 9.30am, or in advance. Forms online at www.sidmouthrunningclub.co.uk
The 10km route has been amended slightly each year, and now in its seventh outing organisers are happy they have the best option: a downriver start to Harpford, back to the village along the old railway line, through fields out to Fluxton and back, with a 150 metre flat run in to the finish line.
As well as first three men and women, team and veteran awards, there’ll be a number of prizes for the best sprint finishes. And with this year’s race being partly sponsored by Otter Brewery, there’s a refreshing liquid memento for all runners. Other run sponsors are Michelmore Solicitors and Ironbridge Runner.
You may also want to watch:
The 1.5 mile fun run follows fields and footpaths to Fluxton and back along the road, to also finish with a flat run in along the playing field.
As well as the runs, there will be a car boot sale with plant stall. Car/table pitches £5. Hot and cold drinks, snacks and cakes will be on sale.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
All proceeds will go to Tipton St John Playing Field Association, towards the upkeep and maintenance of the community owned field and facilities.
For more information contact association vice-chairman and run organiser Jo Earlam email@example.com or 01404 813933.