Tipton St John 10k run draws entries from far and wide.
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Tipton 10km race is proving popular with runners from around the country and even abroad.
Organisers have received entries from Somerset, Hertfordshire, Cornwall, and as far afield as Canada.
The race, called the Otter Rail and River Run, takes place on Saturday, Juky 13. The 1.5 mile fun run goes off at 10.30am and the 10km at 11am. Entries can be taken on the day from 9.30am, or in advance. Forms online at www.sidmouthrunningclub.co.uk
The 10km route has been amended slightly each year, and now in its seventh outing organisers are happy they have the best option: a downriver start to Harpford, back to the village along the old railway line, through fields out to Fluxton and back, with a 150 metre flat run in to the finish line.
As well as first three men and women, team and veteran awards, there’ll be a number of prizes for the best sprint finishes. And with this year’s race being partly sponsored by Otter Brewery, there’s a refreshing liquid memento for all runners. Other run sponsors are Michelmore Solicitors and Ironbridge Runner.
You may also want to watch:
The 1.5 mile fun run follows fields and footpaths to Fluxton and back along the road, to also finish with a flat run in along the playing field.
As well as the runs, there will be a car boot sale with plant stall. Car/table pitches £5. Hot and cold drinks, snacks and cakes will be on sale.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The questions of British Lions selection
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
All proceeds will go to Tipton St John Playing Field Association, towards the upkeep and maintenance of the community owned field and facilities.
For more information contact association vice-chairman and run organiser Jo Earlam email@example.com or 01404 813933.