Tipton St John athlete Hilton happy with Boskman Triathlon performamnce
- Credit: Archant
The New Forest is the stage on which several triathlon races are staged every year. The organisation is superb and the courses are both interesting and a true test of athletes ability.
Catherine Hilton, who lives in Tipton St John and holds a senior position at Wonford Hospital, is an exceptional athlete.
She has qualified to take part in the World Championship of Triathlon in Kona Hawaii later this year courtesy of her performance at Ironman Wales 2014.
She put her early season training to the test by taking part in the Boskman Triathlon. This is a 2.5 km swim, 110km bike ride and a 20 km run (over very testing ground).
Hilton was delighted to finish the race as third woman overall, but more importantly she won her age category.
You may also want to watch:
She completed the course in a total time of six hours 16 minutes.
The N1 Tri Club stage all sorts of training events all over East Devon, including some for juniors, for those who might want to give multi sport a try do visit the club website at n1tri.club
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 4 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout