Tipton St John athlete Hilton happy with Boskman Triathlon performamnce
- Credit: Archant
The New Forest is the stage on which several triathlon races are staged every year. The organisation is superb and the courses are both interesting and a true test of athletes ability.
Catherine Hilton, who lives in Tipton St John and holds a senior position at Wonford Hospital, is an exceptional athlete.
She has qualified to take part in the World Championship of Triathlon in Kona Hawaii later this year courtesy of her performance at Ironman Wales 2014.
She put her early season training to the test by taking part in the Boskman Triathlon. This is a 2.5 km swim, 110km bike ride and a 20 km run (over very testing ground).
Hilton was delighted to finish the race as third woman overall, but more importantly she won her age category.
You may also want to watch:
She completed the course in a total time of six hours 16 minutes.
The N1 Tri Club stage all sorts of training events all over East Devon, including some for juniors, for those who might want to give multi sport a try do visit the club website at n1tri.club
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution