Tipton St John being climb the Fresha One table after fine win at Beacon Knights.
- Credit: Archant
Tipton St John climbed out of the Fresha League Division One bottom three for the first time this season thanks to a 3-1 triumph at Beacon Knights, writes Steve Birley.
What made the result all the more impressive was that the Exeter-based hosts had suffered just the one previous defeat this term, a 6-0 defeat to high-flying Sidbury United.
After falling behind to a goal that had an element of good fortune about it, Tipton deservedly levelled with a clinical finish from Jody Freeman.
The lively Kev Sexton saw a shot cannon off the frame of the goal and Barry Youlden also went close before, a minute from time, Freeman struck again to give Tipton the lead.
In the last minute of five added minutes Nick Feeney made sure of then points with a cool finish.
You may also want to watch:
The win, a second of the league season for the side, lifts them out of the bottom three.
There’s no action for Tipton tomorrow (Saturday), but they then have a run of four successive home matches staring with the November 9 visit of table-topping Elmore.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 4 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 7 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 8 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby