Tipton St John give away 494 years to East Devon Under-13s - who beat them!
- Credit: Archant
The elder statesman of Tipton entertained a team comprising East Devon Under 13s, writes Phil Wright.
It proved to be an enjoyable and successful affair, especially for Lawrence Walker, who opened the batting for the youngsters and scored 112 not out in a total of 174-7 and followed this up with bowling figures of 3-29.
The Tipton side were boosted by three of the Under 13’s fathers, but this could only bring the average age of the home side down to 57.9 giving away 494 years to the young opposition!
Apart from Walker, only Freddie Eul-Barker with 27 and Zeb Winzer (10) reached double figures. David Birch (2-19) Mark Tyler (2-22) and Phil Wright (2-27) were the successful bowlers.
Tipton’s reply was undone when Freddie Eul-Barker bowled his father and Mark Tyler for singles and Lawrence Walker dismissed dad Steve for five, caught by Matt Jeacock. More family harmony was shattered when Chris Alford was run out by son Daniel.
You may also want to watch:
Dave Alford top scored for Tipton with 38 with Chris Tubbs adding 22.
However, Tipton were bowled out for 148 in the penultimate over, losing by 26 runs.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 5 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 6 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 7 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 8 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"