Tipton St John give away 494 years to East Devon Under-13s - who beat them!
- Credit: Archant
The elder statesman of Tipton entertained a team comprising East Devon Under 13s, writes Phil Wright.
It proved to be an enjoyable and successful affair, especially for Lawrence Walker, who opened the batting for the youngsters and scored 112 not out in a total of 174-7 and followed this up with bowling figures of 3-29.
The Tipton side were boosted by three of the Under 13’s fathers, but this could only bring the average age of the home side down to 57.9 giving away 494 years to the young opposition!
Apart from Walker, only Freddie Eul-Barker with 27 and Zeb Winzer (10) reached double figures. David Birch (2-19) Mark Tyler (2-22) and Phil Wright (2-27) were the successful bowlers.
Tipton’s reply was undone when Freddie Eul-Barker bowled his father and Mark Tyler for singles and Lawrence Walker dismissed dad Steve for five, caught by Matt Jeacock. More family harmony was shattered when Chris Alford was run out by son Daniel.
You may also want to watch:
Dave Alford top scored for Tipton with 38 with Chris Tubbs adding 22.
However, Tipton were bowled out for 148 in the penultimate over, losing by 26 runs.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients