Tipton St John have missed results in weekend matches
- Credit: Archant
Tipton St John endured a mixed bag of results in their two matches last weekend.
First up they went down to touring side Peterston Super Ely who hale from Cardiff, Wales, but then bounced back to defeat South Devon side Marldon.
On Saturday a weakened team lost heavily to the touring side who scored 198 then dismissed Tipton for just 96. Alex Tubbs did well with both ball and bat taking 2-23 then scored 53 in Tipton’s reply. Phil Wright took four wickets, but at the cost of 66 runs.
The following day the team was reinforced by the significant presence of Phil Tolley and David Jessop who shared a second wicket partnership of 170 with Tolley getting 102 and Jessop 58.
This enabled Tipton to reach 198-6 enough runs for their bowlers to take control.
You may also want to watch:
David Birch with 2-13 and son Joe’s 3-15 shared the honours with Jessop mopping up the tail with 3-8.
Marldon made 133 in reply with Sam Rowsell top scoring with 62. His dismissal, thanks to a good catch by Al Matthews, effectively ended the contest.
- 1 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford