Tipton St John marathon runner makes it number 35 with Portsmouth run
- Credit: Archant
Marathon runner Jo Earlam, from Tipton St John, has completed her 35th marathon - running dressed as a silver Christmas tree.
The 48-year-old joined more than 1,000 other runners at Portsmouth on Sunday, for the 26.2-mile route from Southsea to Hayling Island.
It was her 15th marathon of 2013, and her 25th running in aid of the dementia research charity BRACE, hence the festive fancy dress.
The Sidmouth Running Club member completed in just under five hours, struggling against a strong headwind for much of the way.
Post race she said: “I’m really pleased to have completed so many marathons this year, and reaching 25 for BRACE, and 35 overall made Portsmouth extra-special. I got loads of support on the way round, from other runners and spectators, shouting, go, Christmas tree go! I’m recovering from a cold and cough, so it was quite a hard run, but there was a brilliant atmosphere. I’m looking forward to my turkey and pudding on Wednesday and putting my feet up for a bit.”
You may also want to watch:
She has until May 2015 to reach her goal of 50 marathons by age 50.
You can sponsor Jo and read more via her blog at www.joearlam.wordpress.com
- 1 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 2 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 3 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 8 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb