Tipton St John see losing run stretch to 13
- Credit: Archant
Tipton St John’s run of defeats extended to 13 with losses to Little Marlow and Bridford at the weekend, writes Phil Wright.
On Saturday, Buckinghamshire tourists Little Marlow batted first and their innings of 156 being centred round opener Sharif who scored 57.
David O’Higgins was unlucky not to claim his wicket early in his innings when Sharif edged to wicket keeper Dawson but was given not out. It did not help Tipton that he apologised later for not walking.
Alex Tubbs bowled well and took 3-38 and O’Higgins contained excellently with 0-18 off eight overs. Phil Wright mopped up the tail with 4-33.
The Tipton reply was going well with Steve Walker hitting 45 and Tubbs 19, but when they fell in quick succession a ‘Tipton tumble’ set in reducing the score from 87-3 to 98 all out.
You may also want to watch:
Having beaten Bridford earlier in the season, Tipton travelled to the Teign Valley hoping to end their dreadful run of results. However, fierce bowling ended that hope with Tipton dismissed for just 97. Only David Birch and Tom Birch reached double figures with 20 and 17 respectively. Tom’s innings was ended by being run out following a bad call from his father!
Despite the low figure to defend, Tipton kept in the hunt for a while thanks to good bowling from David Birch and Mark Channon. Bridford were 54-5 with Birch claiming 4-26, but Dunk with 27 and Bayliss 22 not out took them to victory.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat