Tipton St John seeking better things in 2015
- Credit: Archant
Tipton St John will not be sorry to see the back of 2014.
They had to wait until March 8 to finally get their first action of the year owing to all the bad weather the county was experiencing at the start of 2014. The final game of 2013 for Tipton was a December 14 trip to Elmore and they then had to wait almost three months before a March 8, 2-1 home win over Beacon Knights.
That victory was to be one of just four in 28 matches in league and cup during in the year. They also recorded a 3-1 home success over Newton Poppleford towards the end of last season and this term they have won 2-0 at Clyst Valley and 2-1 at home to Hemyock.
Two other games ended all square, but 22 others were lost. In the year Tipton scored 31 times and shipped no fewer than 89.
In terms of away league success, the last time Tipton enjoyed a Fresha League win on opposition turf was back on October 26, 2013 and a 3-1 win at Beacon Knights.
You may also want to watch:
This season, since a November 1, 2-1 home win over Hemyock they have lost all four games they have played.
Next up is a Friday night floodlit encounter with Dawlish in a Fresha league Two encounter being played at the home of the Devon County Football Association Road, Newton Abbot.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown