Tipton start as they mean to go on
Tipton St John FC began life in Division Two as well as they had left life in Division Three.
Tipton St John FC began life in Division Two as well as they had left life in Division Three, with a hatful of goals and a clean sheet.
Exmouth Amateurs' 2nds were the visitors to Washbrook Meadows and, after a fairly slow start, the deadlock was broken in the 10th minute.
Adam Connett applied a great finish into the top left hand corner from fully 20 yards. The second duly arrived five minutes later through Adrian Small, who latched onto Neil Gooding's through ball to run half the length of the pitch and pass the ball into the bottom right hand corner.
As the first half was coming to an end Lee Strawbridge broke down the left hand side to cross for Adam Connett to head in his second goal of the game. The second half began with Tipton adding a fourth from Adrian Small's two yard tap in and a fifth followed shortly, courtesy of Lee Strawbridge's 20-yard chip.
You may also want to watch:
Jake Freeman then headed in from a corner for Tipton's sixth of the game and Adrian Small completed his hat- trick with a peach of a lob over the keeper.
Neil Gooding's 25 yard screamer rounded off a superb team performance.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
l Next up for Tipton is a home match against Ivybridge Town Reserves this Saturday. Kick off is 2pm.