Tipton suffer seventn straight defeat with loss to South Plymouth
- Credit: Archant
Tipton were back in action last Sunday with a game against South Plymouth, writes Phil Wright.
However, mother nature did her hardest to make this Tipton’s 11th cancelled game of the season after a monsoon at 12:30 halted work by the team who prepare the wicket before every match.
By 3pm the pitch had dried sufficient for a delayed start, but Mrs nature had another laugh and drowned the field again.
Eventually play began with a 30-over game getting underway at 3.45pm with visitors South Plymouth batting.
The visiting batsman wasted no time, reaching 92 before the first wicket fell. After receiving early punishment, Steve Robinson fought back to take 3-34 including Shazad Ahmad well stumped down the leg side by Dickie Dawson for 38.
You may also want to watch:
Phil Wright took 3-10 as the tail succumbed apart from Kevin McMeeking who was guesting for the opposition and remained 24 not out.
The visitor’s innings ended on 147, which looked catchable with Tipton on 81-1. However, once they lost David Thayre (31) and Phil Tolley (26) the innings fizzled out on 125-9.
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
That is now seven successive defeats for Tipton, but at least they played!