Tipton teams power home

ipton St John 3, Cullompton Rangers 0

East Devon Senior Cup

Tipton took only five minutes to take the lead when Man of the Match, Jamie Connett, played a fine through ball to Ashley Small who was brought down for a penalty kick. Kevin Sexton stepped up and netted confidently, writes Richard Williams.

Both teams cancelled each other out without creating a clear cut chance until the 42nd minute when Dale Strawbridge had to make a fine save from a close range, cheeky, back-heeled volley.

Tipton pressured early in the second half and were rewarded on 53 minutes when Ashley Small made a fine run on the left before cutting into the area and putting a low cross across the goal for Jack Collins to hit first time.

You may also want to watch:

Jamie Connett had a shot inches wide of the upright. Eleven minutes later, a similar move ended with Jack Collins’ first time shot hitting the crossbar and rebounding into the arms of a grateful Cullompton keeper.

Tipton finally wrapped the match up with a great individual goal from Kevin Sexton who went on a fine run through the heart of the Cullompton defence before firing his shot into the net off the left upright to make the final score 3-0.

Most Read

Next up for Tipton is a home game against Exmouth Amateurs. Kick off is 3pm

Dawlish United 2 , Tipton St John 2nds 4

Geary Cup

Dawlish were quick to start and could have scored an early goal if not for the athleticism of goal keeper Will Cowley, who pulled off a double save in the first minute, writes Mike Dawe.

Tipton soon found their feet and were rewarded, following good pressure, by an own goal. Dawlish, unsettled and surprised by the ability of this Tipton side, soon found themselves two down when Eddy Kerr chipped the ball over the advancing keeper. When Nick Roberts, with his back to goal, 28 yards out, hit a thunderous shot on the turn straight into the top middle of the goal, Tipton knew it was their day.

Dawlish, with nothing to lose, threw all they had at Tipton. They earned a penalty which Cowley saved. Dawlish did manage to score twice but Tipton had killed the game off in between when Ben Dawe headed home.

Next match is away to Newtown on Saturday, 3pm KO.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus