Tipton toppled by touring Weslsh side
- Credit: Archant
Tipton were well beaten in their meeting with Welsh touring side Peterston Super Ely.
Batting first, Tipton found it hard going and, after an opening stand of 20 runs, ended with Dave Jessop being trapped leg before wicket for four, wickets fell at regular intervals.
It proved not to be a day to let the ball hit the pads for both Matt Williamson, with 17, and Dave Thayre, with two, were also adjudged to be leg before and their dismissals were followed by Jem Gillham who was bowled for nought.
A mini-revival saw Alex Tubbs and Tom Birch both score 10 runs each, but it proved to be a false dawn as a further collapse saw Tipton eventually dismissed for 64.
The Tipton bowlers fought back in style! David O’Higgins bowled Cross for a duck and David Birch bowled Howells for two. A great catch by Alex Tubbs off Phil Wright’s bowling removed Jaques and Tom Birch took two wickets in his first over to leave the Welsh side a troubled 25-5.
You may also want to watch:
However, Stancombe with 33 and Phillips 28 were not to be removed and they batted their side through to an early victory which suited the travelling party as it meant they could move to the pub in time to watch their football team defeat Northern Ireland in the Euros!
- 1 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford