Todd set for Taunton Deane triathlon
- Credit: Archant
The N1 triathlon Club has been transformed in the past year.
There are now almost 100 members which includes a GB squad member as swim coach.
Pool training sessions at Honiton, Sidmouth and Axminster are currently fully subscribed and soon, as the sea reaches a reasonable temperature, the club as a whole will be seen swimming at Sidmouth every Friday evening.
There are some exciting plans also for cycling with the availability of closed road training and racing offering the opportunity for further club development. Finally the club has attracted some excellent athletes from local running clubs during the winter with the added benefit of cooperation and mutual development.
This weekend, as well as the Exe Valley Traiathlon a further group from the club took part in their first races of the season at Roadford Lake and Taunton Deane Wellington.
You may also want to watch:
Alex Todd will be racing his first triathlon at Taunton Deane and his third place in the Beer Blazer 10-mile multi terrain race signals well for the season ahead as does the first place position gained by Tom Bland at the Killerton 10km as he continues his preparation for the Ironman Wales later in the summer.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 9 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat