Todd set for Taunton Deane triathlon
- Credit: Archant
The N1 triathlon Club has been transformed in the past year.
There are now almost 100 members which includes a GB squad member as swim coach.
Pool training sessions at Honiton, Sidmouth and Axminster are currently fully subscribed and soon, as the sea reaches a reasonable temperature, the club as a whole will be seen swimming at Sidmouth every Friday evening.
There are some exciting plans also for cycling with the availability of closed road training and racing offering the opportunity for further club development. Finally the club has attracted some excellent athletes from local running clubs during the winter with the added benefit of cooperation and mutual development.
This weekend, as well as the Exe Valley Traiathlon a further group from the club took part in their first races of the season at Roadford Lake and Taunton Deane Wellington.
You may also want to watch:
Alex Todd will be racing his first triathlon at Taunton Deane and his third place in the Beer Blazer 10-mile multi terrain race signals well for the season ahead as does the first place position gained by Tom Bland at the Killerton 10km as he continues his preparation for the Ironman Wales later in the summer.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal