Tollerfield pick of Sidmouth 2nds
Crediton 2nds XV 11, Sidmouth 2nd XV 3
The Quins travelled to mid Devon to take on the team just above them in the Merit Table, writes Steve Channing.
In a game dominated by two great defences, it was Crediton who scored the only try in the first half, when quick ball out wide breached the green line. This, together with two penalties, gave them an 11-0 lead at half time.
The second half Sidmouth dominated and they crossed the whitewash when Liam O'Connor forced his way over, only for the referee to be unsighted for the grounding.
Despite several chances, Sidmouth could not create that opening which would have led to a scoring spree.
You may also want to watch:
A Ben Pratt penalty was the Quins’ only reward for their efforts. Praise must go to the home defence who would not lay down. Lewis Tollerfield was Sidmouth’s pick, along with Ben Salter and Josh Reed who both did well playing out of position.
This week sees the Quins travel to Plymouth to take on OPMS.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 6 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again