Tolley scored 51st Tipton century in defeat to Worcester-based Kays CC
- Credit: Archant
It was runs galore at Tipton, where the visitors were Kays from Worcester, writes Phil Wright.
Batting first, Kays lost three early wickets with Dave Birch and Dave Alford (2) getting wickets thanks to good catches by Dave Alford, Dave Thayre and Phil Tolley.
However, a 191-run partnership took the match way from Tipton as Darren Clark scored 124 and Kevin Matthews 90.
David Thayre took two wickets in two balls, but the runs continued to flow as Kays ended their innings on 286-5.
David O’Higgins, playing in his 700th match for Tipton, received most of the harsh treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Tipton lost Keith Collins for six and Thayre for 14, but fine supporting roles by Roger Hunt and Al Matthews enabled Tipton to post consecutive century and half century stands.
Tolley and Hunt put on 103 before Hunt departed for 14 then Matthews was unbeaten on 24 in a stand of 68.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 9 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
Phil Tolley scored his 51st century for Tipton, ending undefeated on 131 as Tipton closed on a credible 214-4 but lost by 72 runs.