Tolley scored 51st Tipton century in defeat to Worcester-based Kays CC
- Credit: Archant
It was runs galore at Tipton, where the visitors were Kays from Worcester, writes Phil Wright.
Batting first, Kays lost three early wickets with Dave Birch and Dave Alford (2) getting wickets thanks to good catches by Dave Alford, Dave Thayre and Phil Tolley.
However, a 191-run partnership took the match way from Tipton as Darren Clark scored 124 and Kevin Matthews 90.
David Thayre took two wickets in two balls, but the runs continued to flow as Kays ended their innings on 286-5.
David O’Higgins, playing in his 700th match for Tipton, received most of the harsh treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Tipton lost Keith Collins for six and Thayre for 14, but fine supporting roles by Roger Hunt and Al Matthews enabled Tipton to post consecutive century and half century stands.
Tolley and Hunt put on 103 before Hunt departed for 14 then Matthews was unbeaten on 24 in a stand of 68.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
Phil Tolley scored his 51st century for Tipton, ending undefeated on 131 as Tipton closed on a credible 214-4 but lost by 72 runs.