Tolley slams 100th half-century in Tipton defeat at hands of Harberton
- Credit: Archant
Tipton were lucky to beat the weather on Sunday, but were not able to defeat visitors Harberton, who won the fixture by a margin of 46 runs, writes Phil Wright.
Overnight rain and a chilly northerly meant it was a two-jumper day!
Harberton batted first and were in trouble at 31-3, including a run out thanks to a Phil Tolley 30-yard throw together with wickets by Dave Alford and David Birch.
A 99-run partnership between Mike McClement and Chris Sleep (60) took the game away from Tipton, and was only ended thanks to a boundary catch by Dave Jessop off Phil Wright.
McDermott went on to bat through the innings for 91 not out as Harberton closed on 179-5. In reply, once Alex Tubbs was out caught for 18, no batsman was able to give support to Phil Tolley. He was eventually bowled for 81, his 100th half century for Tipton, to go with 51 centuries.
You may also want to watch:
Nobody else reached double figures as Tipton’s innings fizzled out on 133-5.
Tipton’s final game of the season is this Sunday (September 30) with a home match against Head and Tails.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club