Tolley ton as Tipton bag weekend win double
- Credit: Archant
Tipton St John had two crushing wins at the weekend.
On Saturday they skittled Shepton Montague side The Full Monty for just 63 and knocked off the runs for the loss of only two wickets.
Steve Shaw and David O’Higgins both bowled well and took two wickets each and Phil Wright mopped up the final three batsmen.
In a quick fire run chase, Matt Williamson top scored with 34 to lead Tipton to a comfortable win.
The following day Tipton met Marldon and batted first. Phil Tolley was once again the star of the batting effort as he stroked his way to a superb century, bringing up his hundred in the final over as Tipton closed on 204-6.
You may also want to watch:
Dave Jessop was the best of the rest with the bat hitting 33 and Joe Birch chipped in with 19.
The Marldon reply began well, but began to fall apart as three smart catches were held by Dave Jessop and one from son Danny Jessop, supporting fine bowling from Dave Alford (2-14) and David O’Higgins (4-20).
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
Phil Wright again swept away the tail with four wickets for just five runs as Marldon were dismissed for 74 leaving Tipton victors by a whopping 130 runs.