Top Top Threes win Division Two big game
- Credit: Archant
The latest action in the Honiton Netball League saw the focus on Division Two, with a full set of fixtures played, writes Graham Ingram.
The game of the evening saw second placed Tip Top Trees up against third placed Blackdown.
With Nicky Perry in great form it was Blackdown who started the stronger and, by halfway they were 12-8 in front.
The third period saw 3Ts mount a comeback and so going into the final quarter Blackdown held a slender 16-15 advantage. Megan Good inspired the Trees to new heights in the final session however, and it was 3Ts who triumphed with a single goal win at 21-20.
Top team Sidmouth Toucans held onto the first spot on goal difference thanks to their convincing victory over Swaggermamas by 29-7.
You may also want to watch:
With Anna Rowson playing well again the Toucans dominated from the start despite the efforts of Rachel Doxey for the Mamas. This result leaves Swaggers four points adrift at the foot of the table.
Both of the other games played were keenly contested and close run things. Pixies recorded a 21-18 win over JD Tyres thanks to good play from Georgie Selley. Pixies had stormed ahead and by halfway were 16-5 ahead.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 4 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 8 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 9 Two superb centuries in Sidbury victory
- 10 Sidmouth netballers return to court with a spring in their step
In the third period JD recovered some ground and with Tiff Munt playing well were 11-17 behind going into the final session. They worked hard and closed the gap but Pixies held on for the points.
Otter Valley consolidated their mid point position with a close game against Beer Blazers.
The game was won and lost in the first quarter with Otter V taking a five goal lead at 8-3.
The game was even from then on with Beer finishing up with a five goal defeat at 18-23.
Sarah Morgan was the pick of the valley side whilst Becky Dormor was the hot Blazer.
Division One P GD Pts
Flamingos 10 240 28
Hi Q 10 215 28
Sidmouth Toucan Chicks 10 132 24
Otters 10 47 21
HNC Hot Shots 10 -48 20
Ford &Pentecost Panthers 10 -69 15
Howden Hawks 10 -320 2
Signs South West* 10 -197 -5
Division Two P GD Pts
Sidmouth Toucans 12 129 33
Tip Top Trees 12 55 33
Blackdown 12 110 30
Otter Valley 12 45 23
JD Tyres 12 36 19
Beer Blazers 12 -75 15
Pixies 12 -115 15
Swaggermamas 12 -185 11