Toucans return to action and score seven last quarter goals
Flamingos 52, Toucans 13 Toucans returned to Honiton and District Netball League action after the festive break and were hamstrung for their visit to a powerful Honiton-based side as they were without a number of injured players.
Despite this Toucans gave a good account of themselves as they served up another whole-hearted performance.
A late start didn’t help matters and it was not until the third quarter of the match that the best of the Toucans play was produced.
The defensive players, Sarah Fletcher, GK, Sarah Burstan, GD, and Lesley Hall ,WD, were kept on their toes for the whole of the game.
Center, Rachel Darlami, covered a lot of the court as well as Lucy Davies, WA, who fell to the ground with opposition WD, within seconds of the match starting!
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately, Flamingos WD, had to come off court for the final quarter due to the injuries she sustained.
Fortunately, Toucans took advantage of having the extra player for the final quarter and managed to net seven times!
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
With former star Caroline Biggs now working hard at her new job in Cambridge the million-dollar question was who would take the Player of the Match crown that had become a regular honour for the much-missed Biggs!
Ultimately, the honour was deservedly won by Helen Terry, GA, who did very well throughout with a regular supply of good ball to Alexa Baker in the GS position under the net!
The Toucans would like to record a big round of thanks to Danni Walters who kindly sat in the cold for an hour just in case she was needed.